The slabs are laid on a base of sand mixed with cement. This technique guarantees the slabs long term stability and their vehicle accessibility. It also allows to lay the slabs straight on the floor screed avoiding the high costs of the levelling screed arrangements.
• Maximum stability over time
• Perfect for vehicle accessible surfaces
• Perfect for intense pedestrian circulation
• Pool sides
• Car parking
• Residential areas
• Commercial areas
• Outdoor stairs
• Garage ramps
1. Prepare the mixture of sand and cement in the concrete mixer, two parts of cement by weight per ten parts of sand. Cement and water in equal parts.
2. Lay the mixture over the existing screed and level it guaranteeing a slope of at least 2%. The layer thickness must be between 5 to 7 cm (2”- 3”) to guarantee drive-over.
3. Spread the adhesive for porcelain stoneware on the back of the slabs.
4. Lay the slabs with the aid of the Crocette cross spacers.
5. Use the rubber mallet to level the slabs.
6. Once the laying is complete, proceed with the grouting.
Example of laying on ground
A. L’ALTRA PIETRA® slabs
B. Adhesive for porcelain stoneware
C. Sand with cement levelling screed
D. Floor screed
The proposed diagrams and indications are purely indicative of the type of application: please refer to the specific regulations in force in your country in order to lay the floor to the highest technical standards.